Domaine de Larrivet Haut-Brion
- Pessac-Leognan 2012
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Muscular
- A classic wine deserves a classic pairing.
- Serve pan-sautéd, garlic-studded and rosemary rubbed baby lamb chops,
- entrecôte bordelaise
- or get all fancy with roasted bone marrow with oxtail marmalade.
Eyes: Deep Ruby
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, earthy, leather , red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, black currant, dusty
- This centuries-old estate lies on the same gravely ridge as Haut-Bailly and La Louviere and has weathered such storms as legal squabbles with Ch. Haut-Brion (which they won) and the uprooting of their vineyards in 1935 (which they lost.) Purchased and revitalized by the Gervoson family (Bon Mamon jam. Yes, that jam.) in 1987, this special cuvée is aged a third each n 27 hl barrels, tonneaux and vats.
Write Your Own Review