- Barolo Cascina Nuova 2015
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy,
- Match a firm and sinewy Barolo with unpretentiously rich dishes.
- Terrific with wild mushroom fricassée over polenta,
- gnocchi baked in layers of fontina
- or porcini braised rabbit with truffled pasta.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, herbaceous, red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, red fruits, licorice, forest floor
- The Elvio Cogno winery sits atop of Bricco Ravera, a hill near Novello, in Langhe's Barolo country. It's owned and run by winemaker Valter Fissore and his wife, Nadia Cogno (Elvio's daughter.) The vineyards for their Cascina Nuova face southward and average about 12 years in age. The wine is fermented in tank and matured for 2 years in large Slavonian oak barrels; resting for 6 months in bottle before release.
Write Your Own Review