- Aus den Dorfern Rot 2019
- Zweigelt, Blaufrankisch, Sankt Laurent
- Austria > Burgenland
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Fresh
- Pair bright, breezy and yes, lightly chillable reds with grilled meats, vegetables and tomato-y sauces.
- Soy-glazed salmon, sloppy Joes, carne asada,
- sausage and peppers, pizza
- and moussaka all fit the bill.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, earthy, herbaceous, red fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, blackberry, cherry
- Settled since the iron age, nearly 3000 years ago, the area that is now Burgenland was the Austrian epicenter for sweet and luscious white wines until a couple of decades ago. Now the reds are the stars. Managed by Rosi Schuster, with son Hannes, a Roland Velich disciple helming the winemaking, this organically-farmed estate produces wines that are, "... straight up and without unnecessary decoration..."
Write Your Own Review