- Pinot Grigio Ramato 2019
- Pinot Grigio
- Italy > Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Vibrant
- Match a freshly-styled ramato Pinot Grigio with lighter vegetables, seafood and pasta sauces.
- Roasted red peppers and goat cheese crostini,
- shrimp al ajillo
- and farfalle in a lemon-herb butter will do.
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, peach, melon, almond
- From the 1850's, when Pinot Gris was introduced to northern Italy, to the 1960's, when a cleaner, brighter look was necessary to improve international sales, all Friulian Pinot Grigio was ramato. Leaving the pinkish skins on the grapes during maceration infuses the wine with more complexity, flavors and aromas. And that's why Bronx native Mary J. Blige has lent her talents and name to this Fantinel family wine.
Write Your Own Review