- Barolo Bussia 2017
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Floral, Muscular
- A balance of power, finesse and complexity, serve a Barolo with full-flavored fare.
- Try roasted quail with wild cherries,
- lamb shanks and porcini risotto
- or shave some truffles over braised rabbit and leeks.
Eyes: Brick Red
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, leather , red fruits, roses
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, cooking spices, cherry, mushroom
- Recognized in the biz and the press for modernizing a stodgy sub-region and revitalizing the wines of Barolo, Aldo Conterno, who split from the family winery (Giacomo Conterno) in the late 1960's to establish his own domaine with the purchase of the Favot estate, is now referred to, with reverence (he died in 2012), as the King of Barolo. His three sons, Franco, Stefano and Giacomo, carry on his legacy.
Write Your Own Review