- Antelio 2017
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Hearty
- Structured and savory, match an Aglianico with richly flavored meat dishes.
- Braised beef cheeks with onion confit,
- grilled skirt steak with a smoky red chimichurri
- or a lamb ragu with olives over pappardelle.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, leather , tobacco
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, smoky, red fruits, mineral
- After a career as an architect, Antonio Cascarano decided to revitalize his grandfather's farm in Rapolla, where grapes and olives had been planted in Mt. Vulture's volcanic soil. Following strict biodynamic principals, he crafts truly natural wines, not the least of which is his old vine Aglianico; spontaneously fermented and macerated for nearly a month in chestnut barrels and aged for over a year before bottling.
Write Your Own Review