- Gevrey-Chambertin aux Combottes 2016
- Pinot Noir
- France > Burgundy
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Pair rich Côte de Nuits reds with roasted, grilled or braised dishes.
- Match with chicken and morels in a tarragon cream,
- lamb chops with a pomegranate relish
- or a classic, slow-cooked beef daube.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, cedar, floral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, cooking spices, cranberry, cherry
- Founded in 1967 by Jacques Seysses (Domaine du Jacques = Dujac), whose family was in the biscuit business, the domaine is now run by his 3 sons and as well as his winemaking daughter-in-law Diana (Snowden Vineyards.) Organic since 2001 and fully biodynamic since 2009, the fruit for their Les Combottes comes from vines planted in two tranches, one in 1987, the other 1991.
Write Your Own Review