Domaine Michel Girard
- Sancerre Rouge 2019
- Pinot Noir
- France > Loire Valley
- Red, Dry, Light-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- Pair a freshly fruited and crisp red Sancerre with lighter meats, roasted vegetable dishes and grilled fish.
- Try with parmesan-crusted pork cutlets,
- a hoisen-sauced stir-fry
- or turbot with mushrooms.
Eyes: Pale Ruby
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, mineral, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, crushed stones, raspberry, cranberry
- Michel Girard, with sons Philippe and Benoit, produce outstanding wines from 30 acres of estate vines planted in all three of Sancerre's distinct soil types; silex, caillottes and terre blanches. Their Sancerre Rouge, with the affable and talented Philippe Girard helming the winemaking, showcases the attribute of all the soils; a Pinot Noir with alluring aromas, a soft, but fresh palate and clean, crisp finish.
Write Your Own Review