- Langhe Nebbiolo 2018
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy,
- Match the floral aromas and sinewy tannins of a Langhe Nebbiolo with rich, savory and (sometimes)fatty fare.
- Wild mushroom and goat cheese strudel,
- braised lamb shanks
- or pappardelle with a veal ragú all work.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, flint, floral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, crushed stones, cherry, tobacco
- The origins of this winery lie with the Colla family, grape growers since the middle 1800's and specialists in Moscato. As the family moves to Alba, the emphasis changes to Dolcetto, but the dream of Paolo Colla is to produce Barolo. His only daughter marries a man from Roero, Gianni Gagliardo, who eventually acquires vineyards in Langhe. Gagliardo takes over when Paolo dies in 1981, changing the winery name in 1986.
Write Your Own Review