La Rioja Alta
- Rioja Gran Reserva 904 2010
- Tempranillo, Graciano
- Spain > Rioja
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Match the rustic elegance of a Rioja Gran Reserva with similar attributes on the table.
- Creamy chestnut soup with porcinis,
- roasted rosemary lamb sausage
- and seared squab with a cherry reduction.
Nose: Intense, developing, floral, herbaceous, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, intense, long finish, red fruits, cedar, forest floor
- La Rioja Alta was started by 5 independent growers in 1890 as a modern approach to the stodgy wines of the day, which is now somewhat ironic as the current winery is the touchstone for traditionalism. They eschew French wood, coopering their own barrels from US oak, hand rack their wines from cask to cask and bottle without filtration. The 2010 release may the best 904 ever produced.
Write Your Own Review