- Coferment 2021
- Petit Verdot, Sauvignon Blanc
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Light-Bodied, Spicy, Zesty
- Pair crushable co-ferments with feel-good faves.
- A go-to for pizza, burgers, fajitas
- and lamb souvlaki with tangy tzatziki.
- Also dresses up nicely with a fig and pancetta-stuffed roasted capon. Mmm... fancy.
Eyes: Brick Red
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, lemon, mineral
- Founded by vinyl collector, NY somm-legend, Playboy's Food & Wine host and the importer who made 40 oz Rosé a thing, Patrick Capiello started Monte Rio Cellars with his longtime friend, Syrah savant, Pax Mahle, to produce low intervention, old school California wines. For their Coferment, equal parts PV and SB are naturally fermented, undergo carbonic maceration and age for 5 months in old barrels.
Write Your Own Review