- Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast San Andreas 2017
- Pinot Noir
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Vibrant
- Match an elegantly pliant Sonoma Pinot Noir with roasted and grilled flavors.
- Try smoky sheet-pan chicken and cauliflower,
- seared salmon and mushroom risotto
- or tamarind-glazed, street-style duck tacos.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, herbaceous, red fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, black cherry, spicy
- San Andreas is Hirsch's flagship wine and most of the 67 individual farming blocks (!) that make up the estate's vineyards are located a half a mile or so from the actual fault, resulting in radically diverse elevations, microclimates and soil types. Amazingly, each biodynamic block is harvested and vinified separately. Founded by David Hirsch in 1980, in 2014, his daughter, Jasmine, took over as winemaker in 2019.
Write Your Own Review