- Mon Blanc 2020
- Riesling, Grüner Veltliner, Weissburgunder...
- Austria > Kamptal
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Vibrant
- Pair energetic, skins-on white blends with boldly flavored culinary rave-ups.
- Go for Grecian-inspired braised octopus and eggplant,
- Hyderabadi lamb biryani
- or roasted cauliflower with lemon tahini.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, lemon, apricot, herbaceous
- Taking over the family estate in 2006, Alwin Jurtschitsch and Stefanie Hasselbach have since become key faces in the Austrian natural wine world. Part of their Discoveries of the Winery project showcasing ideas that diverge from the regular releases, the grapes for Mon Blanc were spontaneously fermented together in open-top wooden vats with 2 weeks of skin contact and aged in large, used oak barrels.
Write Your Own Review