- Elbling Trocken
- Germany > Mosel
- White, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Zesty
- The litmus test for a vibrant, lip-smacking white is how quickly the bottle empties. If it's a vibrant Elbling, it goes really fast.
- Match with briny seafood, country ham,
- green curries, aloo chaat
- and other salty treats.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, floral, salty
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, crushed stones, lemon, peach
- When wine people talk about the Mosel, it's all about Riesling, slope and types of slate. When they talk about the Upper Mosel, it's usually very quiet. Not much to say, right? However, up through the 1800's, Elbling was a go-to Mosel grape and the Upper Mosel was its epicenter. Under-appreciated and overlooked, in the hands of Matthias Hild, chief drum-beater of the grape for decades, Elbling is a racy, electric joy.
Write Your Own Review