- Extra Brut Champagne 2009
- Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier
- France > Champagne
- Bubbly White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match a seductively-styled Champagne with texturally indulgent treats.
- Start with a truffle-infused custard,
- then pan-seared scallops in a bacon cream.
- Finish with a salted shortbread lemon-honey tart.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, brioche, orchard fruit, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, high acidity, intense, long finish, nutty, biscuit
- Produced from an assemblage containing nearly 75% Grand cru and Premier cru grapes grown in Montagne de Reims, Côte de Blancs and Valée de la Marne, Billecart-Salmon's Extra Brut vintage offering is fermented in 80% in steel tanks, 20% in barrel and aged for 8-10 years on its lees before a super-low dosage of 2 g/l is added. While ready to drink upon release, it can mature happily for a decade or so.
Write Your Own Review