- Gavi Il Doge 2018
- Italy > Piedmont
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Vibrant
- Match an elegantly fresh Gavi with richly textured dishes.
- Pair with a roasted vegetable lasagna,
- sweet pea and scallop risotto
- or baked salmon topped with a creamy cilantro pesto.
Eyes: Pale Yellow-Green
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, mineral, stone fruits, wild flowers
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, peach, green apple, almond
- Records show that grapes were grown on some of Broglia's 250 acres of vineyards in 971 AD, but it's not until a millennium later that Piero Broglia produced and bottled his now legendary Cortese grapes; 1974 being the year that Gavi was recognized as a DOC. Pressed from the family's youngeest Cortese vines, fermented and matured in stainless steel tank only, Il Doge is a precise, focused and delicious expression.
Write Your Own Review