Chateau du Chatelard
- Bourgogne Blanc 2020
- France > Burgundy
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- Match a charmingly creamy, yet crisp Chardonnay with simply stated poultry and seafood recipes.
- Break out the chicken pot pie,
- crab salad with a Caesar vinaigrette
- or pan-seared salmon and braised fennel.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, lemon, peach, toasty
- With a winemaking history dating back to the time of Charlemagne, Chateau du Chatelard is currently owned by the Rosier family and is managed by winemaker, Aurélie Vermont, who produces wine from sustainably-farmed vineyards in the Beaujolais region of Burgundy. Planted to limestone-rich soil and harvested from super-old vines, the Chardonnay is fermented in tanks and matured in barrels for 8 months.
Write Your Own Review