- Blank Stare Sauvignon Blanc 2017
- Sauvignon Blanc, Muscat
- U.S.A. > California
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Zesty
- Serve a zesty, brightly aromatic Sauvignon Blanc with full-flavored fare.
- Pair with shrimp pad thai,
- roasted red snapper with rosemary
- or a takeout container of palek paneer and some warm, buttery naan.
Eyes: Pale Yellow-Green
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, honeysuckle, orchard fruit
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, grapefruit, peach, wet stones
- Dave Phinney’s first grape-planting took place in Arizona, while a student at U of A. After a harvest at Robert Mondavi, he purchased two tons of Zin and started Orin Swift. Next came The Prisoner (sold off in 2009.) No wine has gone from cult to bestseller in "swifter" fashion. For Blank Stare, Phinney leaves his familiar Napa setting for ripe Russian River fruit, fermenting 20% in oak and adding a 3% dash of Muscat.
Write Your Own Review