- Extra Brut Extra Old Champagne NV
- Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier
- France > Champagne
- Bubbly White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Match an elegantly-styled Champagne with delicately textured fare.
- Start with a truffle-infused custard,
- then pan-seared scallops in a bacon cream.
- Finish with a salted shortbread lemon-honey tart.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, mature, biscuit, citrus fruits, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, lemon, green apple
- The first Champagne from Veuve Clicquot with an Extra Brut designation, the dosage is a low 3 g/l of residual sugar, the Extra Old refers to the cuvée being a confluence of reserve wines from 6 vintages, the oldest 1988 and the youngest, 2010. The level of effervescence is also lower than their standard release. Aged 3 years in vats on its lees and a further 3 years in bottle before release.
Write Your Own Review