Domaine Sylvain Gaudron
- Vouvray Sec 2019
- Chenin Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Crisp
- Match a bracingly crisp Vouvray with fish, fruit and fowl.
- Grab a turkey, cranberry and brie on grilled sourdough,
- mussels with leeks and fennel
- or an endive and apple salad with warm goat cheese.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, quince, green apple, chalk
- Domaine Sylvain Gaudron has around 70 acres of Chenin Blanc vines, most of which average 30 years of age, and all of them planted in flinty clay over the calcareous limestone subsoil,tuffeau, that defines the appellation. A 4 generation-old family estate, the Gaudron at the helm currently is Gilles. He hand-harvests and ferments his wines with indigenous yeast.
Write Your Own Review