- Anjou Vent de Spilite 2019
- Chenin Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Vibrant
- A wine-world Swiss army knife, Loire Chenin Blanc can solve all your food-pairing dilemmas.
- Fennel risotto, roasted artichokes,
- Greek-style lemon and oregano chicken
- and creamy garlic shrimp all fit the bill.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, herbaceous, honeysuckle, orchard fruit
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish,
- Lauded by the late Becky Wasserman and a vital cog in her portfolio, the wines of Domaine Ogereau, specifically those of 4th generation vintner, Emmanuel, are the flag-flyers for dry Chenin Blanc in the Loire Valley. Grown in volcanic soil, the 70+ year-old grapes for Vent de Spilite are whole-cluster pressed, spontaneously fermented and aged for a year on its lees in used 500L barrels. A salvo of nervy minerality.
Write Your Own Review