Folias de Baco
- UIVO Aqua Nat NV
- Portugal > Douro
- Bubbly Red, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Zesty
- Pop the top on a lively, fresh piquette and down a few with all your faves.
- Go for a peppercorn catfish num pang with soy glaze,
- a crispy, slice of Detroit-style pizza
- or pork, olive and raisin-filled pasteles.
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, mineral, red fruits
Mouth: Light Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, leesy, lemon, cranberry
- Tiago Sampaio, known for his mineral-rich, high altitude Pinot Noirs, received his PhD in Viticulture from Oregon State (Go Beavers!) For his old-is-new-again piquette, Aqua Nat, he collected the leavings from some of his, and others, wines (pomace, seeds, skins), added fresh Alvarinho juice to start fermentation and bottled it before it completed, leaving the finished product (technically not wine) fizzy and fun AF.
Write Your Own Review