- Stix & Bugs Piquette White NV
- Bubbly White, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Zesty
- Got a hazy, Slovenian piquette? Throw the book away on this one.
- Grab some butter-roasted oysters, a fried shrimp po' boy,
- smoked bluefish salad, crab rangoon
- chicken korma or pulled pork. Drink two bottles.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, orange blossoms, stone fruits, yeasty
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, leesy, peach, chalk
- The low-interventionist Podkubovsek family's Stix & Bugs begins with the gathered leftovers from previous wine productions, in this case, mostly Chardonnay pomace, which is soaked in water for a week or two, then pressed again. This pressing begins fermentation naturally and is bottled and capped off before it completes, resulting in a fizzy, yeasty, deliciously crushable thirst annihilator. Take that White Claw!
Write Your Own Review