- Cvicek 2021
- Blauer Koelner, Blaufrankisch, Welshriesling...
- Slovenia > Dolenjska
- Red, Dry, Light-Bodied, Fruity, Crisp
- Serve a chilled liter of Cvicek anytime you want to get the party started.
- Match with burgers, fish tacos, meatball parm,
- grilled sausages, dry salami and bbq ribs.
- You know, party-starting food.
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, floral, mineral, red fruits
Mouth: Light Bodied, dry, high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, raspberry, strawberry, cranberry
- A specialty of Slovenia's Dolenjska region and originally known as Marwein, in modern times, Cvicek, a low-ish alcohol, vibrantly delicious and dangerously gulpable blend of red and white grapes is known colloquially as "the baby maker." Rigorously controlled since 2000 by Slovenian law, collectively, the Dolenjska wineries somehow manage to produce nearly 8 million liters of Cvicek annually. That's a lot of babies.
Write Your Own Review