Domaine de la Rectorie
- Banyuls Cuvée Therese Reig 2017
- Red, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Classically, Banyuls and dark chocolate is the go-to.
- But it's also great with dried fruit, almonds, hazelnuts,
- and aged goat cheese.
- Well pocketed hedonists will pair with foie gras and figs in a Port reduction.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, chocolate, licorice, smoky
Mouth: Full Bodied, sweet, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, raisin, prune, coffee
- Marc and Thierry Parcé inherited family vineyards from their great-grandmother, Therese Parcé, who managed the estate for 50 years until 1969. Their Cuvée Therese Reig Banyuls is made very much like Port. Grape alcohol is added to the must, stopping the fermentation, leaving it sweet. The wine then ages a minimum of 30 months, gaining complex layers of flavor. There is no better wine with chocolate.
Write Your Own Review