Castello di Stefanago
- Uva Rara, Croatina, Merlot
- Italy > Lombardy
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Match Pavian red blends with unfussy northern Italian fare.
- Assorted salumi, agnolini, bollito misto,
- veal Milanese, stinco di maiale
- or a black bean and cheese burrito because, well, you really like them.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, floral, mineral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, raspberry, cherry, herbaceous
- Orchards, forests and meadows surround Antonio and Giacomo Barrufaldi's organically farmed vineyards 1000 feet above sea level in the Oltrepo Pavese hills. The vineyards, in turn, surround the 14th century castle that gives the winery its name. To produce their Pavian Rosso, preselected parcels of hand-harvested grapes are spontaneously fermented and tank aged.
Write Your Own Review