- Sancerre 2020
- Sauvignon Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Crisp
- Match a complex Chavignol Sancerre with the whole damn meal.
- Start redundantly with warm Crottin de Chavignol avec salade mesclun,
- then baked stuffed clams.
- Entrée round: Whole-roasted sea bream.
Eyes: Pale Yellow-Green
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, floral, herbaceous
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, gooseberry, kiwi, wet stones
- A family business since the 18th century, the domaine and winery itself was founded by Vincent Delaporte and passed to his son, Jean-Yves until 2010, when his son, Matthieu took over, converting the farming to organic with biodynamic practices. The grapes for their Sancerre are hand-harvested from south-facing, 35 year old vines, fermented in steel vats and aged on their lees for 6 months before bottling.
Write Your Own Review