- Rosé Akakies 2015
- Greece > Macedonia
- Rose, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Crisp
- Pair robust rosés with grilled goodies and sumptuous snacks.
- Try a lamb-stuffed pita topped with cucumber-dill tzatziki,
- a blackened grouper taco salad
- or tender and tangy, dry-rubbed ribs. Mmm...
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, floral, melon, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, cherry, strawberry jam
- Kir means Master in Greek and Yianni refers to Yiannis Boutaris (yes, those Boutaris), who is held in the deepest respect as mentor of this influential Macedonian winery, originally a spin-off of the Boutari Wine Group. Now run by sons Stellios and Mihalis, the Xinomavro for their Akakies rosé is grown in the Amyndeon appellation, the only AOC for rosé in Greece. Fiercely aromatic.
Write Your Own Review