- Colli di Salerno 2013
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Aglianico, Merlot
- Italy > Campania
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Floral, Muscular
- Match powerful, yet elegant reds with roasted, grilled or long-cooked meaty dishes.
- Go for braised veal shanks, leg of lamb,
- polpette, Neopolitan-styled sausage pizza
- or a bone-in ribeye.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, blackberry, black pepper, chocolate
- Silvia Imparato, was "making a little wine for friends" in the 1980's at her Salerno estate as respite from her job as a celebrity photographer, finally embracing the calling full time in the early 90's. She hired consultant Ricardo Cotarella and, after sending vintages 1991-1993 to the Wine Advocate, had Robert Parker proclaiming Montevetrano the Sassicaia of the South.
Write Your Own Review