- Opus One 2015
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot...
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Pair pedigreed Napa classics with roasted game or beef.
- Try filet mignon drizzled with a Port reduction,
- medallions of venison
- or a short rib-stuffed Wagyu burger smothered in aged Irish cheddar.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, cedar, spicy
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, blackberry, black currant, cigar box
- The historic pairing of Baron Philippe de Rothschild and Robert Mondavi, both now deceased, but both true icons of the wine world, came to fruition in 1979 with the creation of the collaborative Opus One. A Cabernet based, Bordeaux-style blend, Opus One ferments for nearly three weeks on its skins and matures for a year and a half in new French oak barrels.
Write Your Own Review