Pierre Prieur et Fils
- Sancerre La Damnée des Prieur
- Sauvignon Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Sancerre; fun to say, easy to drink. And vice versa.
- Try briny Bluepoints with a drizzle of mignonette,
- an herbed goat cheese tart
- or mango-topped red snapper with a cilantro-lime vinaigrette.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, herbaceous, mineral
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, grapefruit, lime, flint
- Sourced from diverse plots to utilize the characteristics of the three main soils types of Sancerre: chalk, limestone and flint, the Sauvignon Blanc for the Prieur family's La Damnée cuvée (referring to the difficulty in working the heavily sloped vineyards, le mont damnée, those damned slopes) is tank fermented and aged on its lees for around 6-8 months before bottling. Textbook.
Write Your Own Review