Henriques & Henriques
- Madeira Verdelho 15 Year Old
- Portugal > Madeira
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- Aged, medium-sweet Madeiras love dried fruits and salty nuts.
- A handful of each will do.
- Keep it simple and let the wine be the star.
- Or get all sybaritic on it and pair with pâté de foie gras and Stilton.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, dried fruit, honeysuckle, smoky
Mouth: Medium Bodied, medium sweet, high acidity, intense, long finish, apricot, almond, honey
- Settlers to Madeira in the early 15th century, when grape vines were first planted in Camara de Lobos by decree of Henry the Navigator (things were simpler then), the Henriques family eventually became the largest vineyard owners on the island, incoporating in 1850. Today, they are one of the only Madeira houses to grow, vint, age, bottle and sell their own product.
Write Your Own Review