- Raw Power Shiraz 2016
- Australia > South Australia
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match a flavor-forward, but balanced Shiraz with go-to comfort faves.
- Go for meat-sauced pasta,
- garlic and lime marinated carne asada
- or grab a burger; be it feta-topped lamb or American-cheesed flat top.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, red fruits, smoky
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, raspberry, licorice, chocolate
- Although multiple internet searches have yet to pull up a photo or video, apparently, back in the day, Rawley Power (not his real name?) fronted an Australian band called Anti-Power (aka Raw Power Show.) And while he's now bringing what we can only assume is the same pounding energy and ethos to winemaking, his Raw Power Shiraz, sourced from old-vine, oak-aged fruit, is nuanced and complex.
Write Your Own Review