- Primitivo 2017
- Italy > Puglia
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity,
- Pair a Primitivo with rustic recipes and and comfortable chow.
- Sensational with sliced sausages over spaghetti.
- Marvelous with meatloaf
- and perfect with pepperoni pizza, alliteratively speaking.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, red fruits, smoky, tropical fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, raspberry, raisin, brambly
- Founded in the late 1990's by Californian, Mark Shannon, an ex-winemaker-for-hire (Bogle, etc.) and his future wife, Elvezia Sbalchiero, a Friulian in the wine business, A Mano (By Hand) harvests its fruit from 70-100 year old, head-trained vines planted in red alluvial soil. Their benchmark Primitivo is fermented with native yeasts and barrel aged for 2 months.
Write Your Own Review