- Zinfandel Hillside 2016
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity,
- Zinfandel, the great American grape, loves recipes that are meaty, saucy and a little spicy.
- Pair with a Oaxacan pork molé,
- a sautéed sirloin topped with a chile-spiked salsa
- or kidney bean sloppy Joes.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, brambly, red fruits
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, cherry, raisin, chocolate
- While a scientist at Lockheed Research Lab, Leon Sobon used to make wine as a hobby. It turns out that he was really good at it. So, he, wife Shirley and their 6 children moved on up to Amador County and started Shenandoah Vineyards in a converted garage. With the purchase of D'Agostini winery in 1989, Sobon Estates was born with son Paul helming the winemaking soon thereafter.
Write Your Own Review