- Saint-Emilion Grand Cru Classe 2015
- Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- A classic Saint-Emilion deserves your best efforts at the table.
- Slow-cooked lamb shoulder with rosemary potatoes,
- whole-roasted duck with black plums
- or a blueberry and wild thyme-sauced venison steak.
Nose: Intense, developing, black fruits, floral, forest floor
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, plum, violets, chocolate
- Situated on a classic limestone plateau, the estate was founded in the middles ages as Fort Camfourtet. The property did not exist as a winery until the 1800's. Changing hands from the de Carle family to the Rulleaus, it was they who constructed the chateau in the mid-19th century. Traded from the Ginestet family to the Lurtons and back again, it is now the possession of the Cuveliers. Super classic.
Write Your Own Review