- Vouvray Moelleux 1er Trie Clos du Bourg 2015
- Chenin Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- If your Vouvray Moelleux is the star, keep the food pairing supportive and complimentary.
- Fresh goat cheese drizzled with honey,
- a bowl of hazelnuts
- and a thickly sliced apple or two.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Intense, developing, honey, stone fruits, tea
Mouth: Medium Bodied, medium sweet, medium-high acidity, intense, endless finish, quince, pineapple, mineral
- Vouvray's benchmark, Domaine Huet began in 1928 when founder Victor Huet, a victim of mustard gas in the trenches during WWI, relocated to the Loire Valley for his health. His son, Gaston, grew it into iconic status, adding two prime, Premiere Côte vineyards: Le Mont and Clos du Bourg in the 1960's. The wines, now made by Jean-Bernard Berthomé, are truly and deservedly legendary.
Write Your Own Review