- Chardonnay La Carrierre 2018
- U.S.A. > California
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Pair multidimensional wines with bold and decadent dishes.
- Perfect with seared scallops and tarragon butter,
- sea urchin ravioli
- or grilled Alaskan king crab with lemony chili mayo.
Nose: Intense, developing, almond, orange blossoms, orchard fruit
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, intense, long finish, cooking spices, stone fruits, brioche
- Winemaker Nicolas Morlet has replaced his brother Luc, inventor of Peter Michael Winery’s patent-pending sorting device "Le Trieure" and settling tanks. Inspired by what he thinks is the "best Chardonnay in the world", Nick leans heavily on La Carriere’s signature liquid minerality, highlighting the site’s rocky, volcanic provenance. Highly allocated and seriously good. But you knew that already.
Write Your Own Review