- Brunello di Montalcino 2015
- Sangiovese Grosso
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Pair an elegantly fragrant and vibrantly textured Brunello with roasted game and grilled dishes.
- Match with bistecca alla Fiorentina,
- wild duck with pappardelle
- or pancetta-stuffed squab.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, forest floor, red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, black cherry, licorice, herbaceous
- The first records of the estate date to the early 19th century, but the current vineyards weren't planted until the late 1970's. Purchased by her family in 1984, it is youngest daughter Paola Gloder Montefiori who has managed the estate since 1987 (joined by her husband in 1998.) Poggio Antico wonderfully balances tradition (Slovakian oak, Sardinian corks) with innovative spirit.
Write Your Own Review