- Pinot Bianco Barthenau Vigna S. Michele 2016
- Pinot Blanc
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Match complex, bottle-aged whites with richly sauced fish dishes and luxurious poultry recipes.
- Try an elegant ramekin of coquilles St. Jacques,
- pan-roasted squab
- and polenta dumplings with speck.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, mature, earthy, herbaceous, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, lemon, pear, almond
- Martin Foradori-Hofstetter (cousin of Elisabetta of Teroldego fame) makes what is probably Alto Adige's finest Pinot Noir and its most delectable Gewurztraminer. The historic family estate features vineyards on both banks of the Adige river. Barthenau is home the the famous Vigna S. Urbano while Vigna S. Michele is home to their age-worthy Pinot Bianco. Elegant and impressive.
Write Your Own Review