- Sweet Shiraz
- South Africa > Western Cape
- Red, Touch Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Jammy
- Pair off-dry reds with sweet or spicy favorites.
- Ideal with a barbecued chicken picnic,
- classic enchiladas in a red sauce
- or a plate of crusty bread and pungent Black River Blue cheese.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, black fruits, red fruits, smoky
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, medium sweet, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, raspberry, blueberry, chocolate
- South African Shiraz in gingham wrapping? Produced by hot-shot South African winemaker Bruwer Raats? And it's semi-sweet? Total triple threat! Jam Jar is unapologetically and unabashedly fruity, with an oh-so-easy finish. Mr. Raats, who's proclivity has been mostly to Chenin Blanc & Cabernet Franc, has taken to Shiraz as quickly as (sorry) a Raats up a drainpipe.
Write Your Own Review