- Savagnin, Chardonnay
- France > Jura
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Elegant yet rustic whites are a fantastic match with similar cuisinal dualities.
- Perfect with black truffled tagliatelle
- and veal chops with a creamy morel sauce.
- End with aged Comté and toasted hazelnuts.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, baked fruit, forest floor, mineral
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, quince
- Heeding the call of a dear friend who had health concerns, Jean-Francois Ganevat supervised the harvest and vinification of his pal's (biodynamic) wines, eventually purchasing and bottling them under his own name. Ganevat has broken from the oxidized, high acid style of the Jura's more prolific vin jaune, rendering wines of Burgundian complexity and purity. Sans soufre, naturellement.
Write Your Own Review