- Old Vines 3 2006
- Spain > Andalusia
- White, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Soft
- Mature, bottle-aged sweet wine? Skip the fancy desserts and let the bottle be the star.
- A plate of apricots and some Cabrales,
- a slice of angel food cake
- or to-much-of-a-good-thing sticky toffee pudding.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, caramel, orange blossoms, tropical fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, sweet, low-medium acidity, intense, long finish, apricot, pineapple, honey
- Jorge Ordonez (Alvear, Numanthia, Naia, Alto Moncayo, Volver, etc.) is a winemaker, bodega owner, importer and cheerleader. For his Old Vines #3, Ordonez traveled back to the area of his youth, Malaga. His 80-100 year old Muscat vines are harvested in several passes, the fermentation is stopped by dropping the temperature and the wines mature in used French oak barrels.
Write Your Own Review