- Insignia 2013
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Verdot, Malbec...
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Match signature Napa blends with meaty classics.
- Try a crown roast of lamb with oregano and rosemary,
- venison chops in a blackberry compote
- or cheese-stuffed, balsamic-grilled portobellos.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Intense, developing, black fruits, coffee, wild flowers
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, plum, blackberry, chocolate
- A construction magnate, Joseph Phelps purchased a 600 acre Napa Valley cattle farm in 1973 and began planting grapes and building a winery. By 1974, with the help of a custom crush facility, he bottled the first vintage of Insignia, California's first Bordeaux-style (now called Meritage) blend. Four decades and 4 perfect 100 point Wine Advocate scores later, Insignia is an icon.
Write Your Own Review