Juana de Sol
- Bonarda 2010
- Argentina > Mendoza
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Fresh
- Pair Bonarda's rich, but juicy vinosity with flavor-packed comfort fare.
- Try with a big bowl of pulled pork in red chili sauce,
- creamy mushroom risotto
- or savory shepherd's pie.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, cherry, chocolate, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, licorice, coffee
- Passed only recently by the ultra-bankable Malbec, Bonarda had been Argentina's most widely planted grape, although used mostly in blends and rarely as a mono-variety. Still divided as to whether the grape is Italy's Bonarda Piemontese or Novarese (Uva Rara), family-owned Fincas de la Juanita's bottling is harvested from old vine fruit, gently and sustainably processed.
Write Your Own Review