Juana del Sol
- Malbec Reserva 2012
- Argentina > Mendoza
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Full-fruited reds love densely flavored dishes.
- Try with a grilled, balsamic-marinated London broil
- or sautéed portabellos with garlic and herbs.
- A chorizo and black olive pizza hits the sweet spot, too.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, black fruits, cedar, licorice
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, blackberry, cherry
- Located in the Mendoza town of Tres Porteñas, about 700 feet above sea level, essentially a high altitude desert, with irrigation from both the Andes and the Rio Mendoza, family-owned Fincas de la Juanita picks fruit from old vines, some over 50 years, aging their Malbec Reserva for 6 months in French oak before bottling.
Write Your Own Review