- Fanal Madeira Full Rich
- Portugal > Madeira
- White, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Go ahead. Treat yourself to a bottle of Madeira.
- It's what America got drunk on (in the 1700's.)
- Reduce with some shallots and butter and pour it over your steak.
- Sip some after dinner with a little Roquefort.
Nose: Intense, mature, baked fruit, caramel, smoky
Mouth: Full Bodied, medium sweet, high acidity, intense, long finish, apricot, fig, hazelnut
- Madeira is a complex, seldom understood wine, and a ridiculously complicated business. The island itself was planted to sugar cane and vineyards in the early 15th century, years later becoming a stopover for Portuguese ships sailing to Brazil. The wines they carried; heated, aged and oxidized. Justino's, family-owned from 1870-1993, now sources grapes from over 800 local producers.
Write Your Own Review