- Syrah Pheasant Vineyard 2010
- U.S.A. > Washington
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- A Syrah this dense needs twice the food to match it.
- Pair with a double cut veal chop saltimbocca,
- double-cooked pork with hoisin sauce
- or a double creme brie and glazed venison paté.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, black fruits, meat, violets
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, intense, long finish, raspberry, blackberry, mineral
- Owned and sustainably farmed by Butch and Jerry Milbrandt, Pheasant Vineyard was planted in 2000 on sandy soils deposited by ancient glacial floods. Foot-stomped, naturally fermented and French oak aged, this Syrah showcases Charles Smith's trademark sybaritic, full-throttle approach. No cute labels here, just super-intense, complex, layered Syrah. Still kick-ass, though.
Write Your Own Review