- Syrah The Beautiful 2010
- Syrah, Viognier
- U.S.A. > Washington
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Spicy, Muscular
- Match dense, meaty Syrahs with roasted, full-flavored fare.
- A natural with rosemary-topped, double-cut lamb chops
- and honey-balsamic roasted root vegetables.
- Hedonists will go the braised mutton route.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Intense, youthful, black fruits, floral, smoky
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, black fruits, tobacco, mineral
- Let's try a K Vint review without the usual catch phrases. The fruit for The Beautiful was sourced from Cougar Hills Vineyard (spitting distance from the original Seven Hills site), is co-fermented Syrah and (5%) Viognier and is aged in (30% new) Burgundy barrels. Charles Smith says, "1st word: Deep. 2nd word: Full. 3rd word: Complex. Final word: Beautiful." At least he didn't say "kick-ass."
Write Your Own Review