- Riesling Wehlener Sonnenuhr Kabinett 2014
- Germany > Mosel
- White, Touch Sweet, Light-Bodied, Fruity, Crisp
- Match a palate-pleasing, off-dry Kabinett with exotically spiced fish, poultry and white meats.
- Superb with lobster Cantonese,
- duck leg confit
- or twice cooked pork belly with an onion and apple velouté.
Eyes: Water White
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, floral, mineral
Mouth: Light Bodied, off-dry, high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, slate, lime, peach
- Eighth generation vintners, the Kerpen family's 18 acres of holdings make up for their lack of size by location, location, location. Cultivating only Riesling, their vineyards are in Wehlen (Sonnenuhr), Graacher (Himmelreich, Domprobst) and Berkastel (Bratenhofchen), all of which are planted to blue Devonian slate. Prototypically old school, their wines are fermented in fuder.
Write Your Own Review